Monday, October 17, 2011

Cosplay Tip #1 "Popular" or Difficult cosplay


                      When doing a difficult cosplay or a "Popular" cosplay and you want this to be done before an
 important event like a convention. First if you know how to sew and work on a project which can take you a month or less than no problem. For people who are just getting into cosplay and want to buy or make a cosplay but it will take you a lot of time, then I suggest you should plan ahead before the event. First if you want to make the cosplay out of scratch (I mean by using a pattern) good but I decide not to. For example if you are doing a Princess Tutu cosplay you could get most of your stuff at a local ballet shops or studios, add on the details, the wigs etc. I use a plain shirt or dress and add on straps, sequence, glitter basically details. I do that and I buy the accessories that I can't find and buy them on eBay like the Princess Tutu necklace and wigs or make the props like crowns, walking sticks, and weapons and of course styling the wigs. If you just got into cosplay and have a low budget this is good for you. If you have enough to buy all of it go ahead I will not stop you but I think making things is better because you save a lot and also the internet has grown and I bet you can find many tutorials on all sorts of cosplay stuff. I hope this helped you and I will make more cosplay tips in the near future.
~Melissa Star

No comments:

Post a Comment